Worst i've ever been stuck...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Powersports Forum' started by MH81, Oct 11, 2010.

1. MH81

MH81 Moderator

Everyone's been stuck... What's the worst you've ever been stuck?

2. MH81

MH81 Moderator

I'll start. I was probably 16, in the middle of winter we had a warm-up. I had been riding over this ice-patch all winter but that day it was all shiny and I spun out in the middle. No traction whatsoever. Crack, Crack, Splash, aww nutz!

I didn't have a winch but it would've been worthless. This was in the middle of the pasture, nuthin' but old stick-tites to hook to.

Water was only 6 inches or so but i worked for HOURS to get it out and over to "shore". We were supposed to have a major freeze the next day & it would've been in there 'till spring if I hadn't gotten it out.

3. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I guess if you stretch your imagination, a tractor is an almost all terrain vehicle...But that's not what I got stuck first! It was early spring, I was using my '91 Chevy S-10 to dump some brush in the back field of my property. I sunk it clear up to the axle. I went to get my tractor (a 1952 Case VAI) to pull it out...Got that stuck almost to the axle as well (on 24" rears). Then I went and got my FIL's 50HP Long diesel tractor...and my oldest son...and my BIL ('cause I needed someone to steer the other two units) and the Long stood up on those 38" rears and yanked both of the others out! It sounds like a short story, but I spent the better part of an afternoon screwin' around out there. I don't even drive into that field until the middle of July now!

4. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

That worst I've ever been stuck,..........Well I guess one of the worst was one time I was heading to my cabin ,and you have to go down an old woods road to get to it.Now this was in the Spring,actually it was early March but there were places where the frost was already coming out.I got probably 4 miles in on this road and realized the road wasn't getting any better as I went,in fact it was really getting soft in places so I figured I best turn around.That was a big mistake,I found an area off the side of the road pulled in and down I went.At that time I had a 1979 Ford F-150 4x4 with a 351 Windsor,4 speed,4" lift and 33" tires,and it didn't take anything to sink right to the axles.Out at the end of this road there lived an old guy who had an old bulldozer,I don't remember now what kind it was,anyway I walked to his place and told him my story.He was a nice old guy and offered to pull me out,so away we went on this dozer.He had no problem pulling me out,and you know,if I had just kept going and not turned around,I betcha I wouldn't have gotten stuck.Well that might be my "worst stuck" story,as I have a few.

5. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

Worst I've ever been stuck was late fall a few years ago. The ground was very wet and soft but I had to haul a small load of wood back to the house. Well, lets just say the Bolens rear tires were almost completely buried. So I go to get another Bolens to pull it out and not too long after I get the 2nd Bolens stuck At the time I only had 3 Bolens so I was only left with one to save the day LOL. I hooked up another wagon and took small amounts of wood from the trailer at a time. Finally I got the stuck trailer empty so I drove the Bolens around and hooked up the rope and turned the differential to straight axle drive and pulled one out at a time. Those were some big ruts! Not to mention the big mud mess that the Bolens and I were covered in.

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Isn't it fun:mad: when those things happen.

7. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

I just noticed this was posted in the ATV forum and I was writing about garden tractors LOL

[​IMG]

8. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Maybe we should re-title the forum "practically all terrain vehicles" LOL My post was about a 2 farm tractors and a pickup!

9. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Yes and mine was about my Ford truck.

10. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Maybe we need a general forum under the recreational equipment category?

11. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I guess this will work. Let me know if you guys think we should name the forum differently.

12. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I was kidding, but it works for me.

13. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Ya but it is nice to have a more general forum for topic related but not so topic related talk.

14. jdslednut

jdslednut New Member

I'm going to consider my Dad's JD 4320 as recreational equipment for this post as when you're a kid tractors are like that. I was running the 3pt field cultivator up a hill when the rear wheels sunk in up to the axle. It was too deep to get the cultivator off so I was essentially screwed when Dad showed up. It took 2 tractors with super long cables going down the other side of the hill to pull me out of the muck.

15. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Yes it works for me.

16. MH81

MH81 Moderator

Ditto