Who has one?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Powersports Forum' started by Bolens 1000, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

who here has a snowmobile?
    I got a 78' Polaris

2. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I always wanted to get one but could never justify it where we are because we "usually" don't get enough snow that often. Last year would have been an exception. I would love to do the snowmobile races on the grass, I can't believe how fast some of them are.

3. jdslednut

jdslednut New Member

Of course with an online name like "JDSlednut" I have to own a Deere or 2. I have the 78 Spitfire that I grew up on as well as another 78 Spitfire that I bought for next to nothing and got going. Currently I have a 80 Liquifire sitting behind my garden shed with hopes of getting it going someday or trading it for that super-special garden tractor that may be lurking in someone's barn nearby. It only has about 300 Km on the original odometer.

4. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I do not have one at the moment,I know what you're thinking"What,you like like up in the great white north and you don't have a snowmobile?"
    Believe it or not we don't always have a lot of snow in the winter,some winters we get very little,at least here in Nova Scotia.

5. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

On the wish list LOL.... sw.jpg

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I just saw a picture of a bright yellow one somewhere the other day and it looked quite original,and nice.

7. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

That would be badass to have. It looks cool just sitting there. Make up a summer time ski for the sulky and you would have the ultimate tractor show cruiser.

8. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

My winter recreation is limited to things I can do while I stay warm! I work in a steel mill where it's basically outside temperature at floor level. So when I get home I just want to get warm and stay that way. I guess I wouldn't mind sleddin' around on the milder days, but like George said, we really don't get that much snow here either

9. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I'll tell you,I sure mind the cold now a lot more than I used to.

10. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Ditto! When I was a kid, it didn't bother me at all. Now, I don't even have to go outside and my joints hurt just from the change of the weather!

11. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I hear ya.

12. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I told my wife today it sucks getting older. I was at my desk for about three hours before I had to go to the boys room and I went to get up and it felt like someone took a bat to my knees.

13. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I've always said "If I'd've known I was gonna live this long I'd've taken better care of my body"!

14. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I know what ya mean, I know where my problem comes from with my knees, jumping down from trailers from 12 years of driving truck, that and working on cars and toys all the time.