What is the oldest push mower you have ,that you still use ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mower Forum' started by mjodrey, Oct 9, 2010.

1. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I have one from right around 1970,but I can't remember the name so I will have to go look tomorrow.

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

bolensfender 006.JPG
    bolensfender 005.JPG

I have a toro from the 70's Dont know exact year.

3. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I like that old Toro. We don't have any old push mowers other then a couple of years old. That pic is huge but the software resizes it on the fly if you minimize the window.

4. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

sorry about that LOL.
    I made it smaller

5. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I do like that old Toro.

6. MH81

MH81 Member

70's or 80's LawnBoy with the Mag deck.

7. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Ok,I went out and looked at the push mower and it is an old mower that Canadian Tire used to sell back in the early '70's. I don't know who made it but it has a Tecumseh engine ,and the old thing still works good.
    Now the oldest push mower I have that is not running at the moment is a 1956 Lawn-Boy c-12 Iron-Horse,model 5000. The engine was built by Outboard Marine & Manufacturing Co. of Canada. It is all there and actually in pretty good condition,and I am someday going to restore it.

8. caseguy

caseguy Member

That's a good question. I don't use any of my older machines any more, but I have a couple upstairs in the barn that are pretty old. I'll have to go look sometime and see if I can figure out some ages.

9. MH81

MH81 Member

I haven't ever used it, but I have a TORO Power-Handle. It came out in the 50's & was one motor that ran a mower deck, snow blower, tiller, etc. It's like the one in the foreground of this picture.
    [​IMG]
    All I have is the mower, but, as Maynard said, "and I am someday going to restore it." :)

10. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Cool looking machine.

11. caseguy

caseguy Member

That's interesting. It's a fantastic concept too! One engine several attachments. Of course I guess it's what we do with our GT's. Ryobi had a system like that on one of their "trimmers" too. My FIL bought one several years back with the trimmer, a small tiller, and an edger. I think that there were other attachments available too. Maybe a pole saw...I can't remember. I'll have to go over there and look.

12. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I like the concept too, I wonder how hard it is to change around?

I have a weed trimmer that is a Troy-Bilt, my dad has some other brand. Both of them have a system called ez-link, and guess what? They interchange with each other. I am sure in the long run they are both made by the same company but it is funny.

13. MH81

MH81 Member

From the little looking around I've done, It's the 4 motor mount bolts & the 2 belts. All the linkage, tank, handle, etc goes with the engine.

14. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Well that's pretty slick then.