What equipment did you use today?

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by caseguy, Oct 9, 2010.

1. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I got the weed trimmer out last night so my uncle could borrow it. I had to wind new string in it. I did get to lay eyes on my chainsaw too. I see some noodling in the near future :D

2. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Are ya gonna drop a V8 in it?

3. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Maybe a high revving inline 4, my kahunas couldn't take lifting a vb to cut a log. :p

4. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I'm hearing you! I'd be lucky to lift a 2 cyl. GT engine!

5. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Unfortunately, I didn't get to play with any of my internal combustion toys today :(! My wife and I started cleaning out the front porch this evening. See my "off topic" post for the details.

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I didn't either,I had to plug two flat tires on my neighbors car this morning.Then most of the rest of the day was spent re-arranging /cleaning the basement,plus it poured rain here all day.

7. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Ditto for me today Maynard! Same as yesterday! Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning!

8. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I used the ZT50 to cut the grass one last time before I wrap her up for the winter...after the repair shop brings her home that is. I purchased the ZT50 30 months ago today! I also purchased the 4 year extended warranty. The engine, a 23HP Briggs, has been leaking oil since day one (OK, maybe day 2) and it's been slowly getting worse over the last year or so. So I called and they're coming to look at and repair the problem on site if they can, and to take her away to be fixed if they can't. :(:):(:) At least I'll have a little more room until they bring it back.:)

9. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I wish I could say that I used something today but I did not.

10. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I haven't used anything since we were splitting wood on Saturday and Sunday. Might get a chance tonight as long as no more relatives break any bones.

11. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

It's been raining quite hard here so I haven't used any of mine since I hauled away some broken branches the other day.

12. MH81

MH81 Moderator

POURING here, not likely I'll have any playtime unless I bring it indoors

13. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

DITTO! Though I did have to drag a tree off of the road in front of my house that the wind blew down! I could've used the Echo, but I wouldn't take it out in the rain.

14. MH81

MH81 Moderator

It's so schweeet it would melt in the rain huh?

15. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I'm not sure, but I don't want to find out either!

16. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I still haven't used any equipment since splitting wood this past weekend. Till we get home from work now it is all but dark and time for supper. Then we just want to relax before it is time for bed.

17. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Yeah, that's what I hate about winter! Well, that and the damned cold weather LOL! BTW I didn't use any of my own equipment today either. I did tool around on my golf cart at work though, but that's just about every day.

18. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I am ready for the weekend. I want to try and get some work done on the garden tractors. Mainly get the snow blower mounted on one and I want to figure out what is making the Massey 1655 surge. I don't know if it is junk in the gas tank, carb needs cleaned, bad fuel pump or all of the above.

19. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Nothing today,but I am going to take the deck off of the Kubota this weekend and clean it up in preparation for storage.I have already put all of my hand mowers,and weed whackers away.

20. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I haven't made any concrete plans for the equipment this weekend...except that I'm Jonesin' for a fix LOL!