What equipment did you repair today?

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by daytime dave, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

I took apart my Mini mac saw and rebuilt the carb and replaced the fuel line. It runs great Now!

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

Turns out that my epoxy job on the Mini mac's fuel tank did not hold up and gas is leaking like crazy. Guess the spare tank will get put on when I get time.

3. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

That's too bad your repair did not hold.

4. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

I'm hoping to swap the tank on the mini Mac this long weekend.

5. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Did you get your tank swapped out?

6. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

Yep I got her swapped with the spare and she's back up and running!

7. earthgrinder

earthgrinder dirt digger

I was given a TB Pony with a leaking tiller shaft seal. The previous owner had tried to remove the tine holder without any success. I borrowed a 15 ton ram and puller from work. The first try was unsuccessful. I tried the opposite side and that one came off OK. Before putting the puller on the left side, I heated the tine holder with my Mapp gas torch and hit it with a hammer all the way around the OD of the holder. Remounted the puller and started applying pressure. I heard a crack and then it started moving. Both shafts need the endplay adjusted as well.
    [​IMG]

8. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

Glad you were able to get the part off
    Thanks for sharing the photo

9. earthgrinder

earthgrinder dirt digger

Got a little carried away with the Pony tine shaft replacement. I guess I didn't know when to stop. Bearings seem OK, will replace seals and adjust endplay. Should give much good service.

Attached Files:

10. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Yes thanks for the photo.