What equipment did you repair today?

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by daytime dave, Feb 12, 2011.

1. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

I was using my Ariens 10 hp today as we had about 18 inches overnight. The engine stalled and the recoil line broke. I had never replaced one, but I was able to put the original back in. It only recoils about half way now.

2. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

Update. I knew there should not be slack in the cord. I searched youtube and found a video that showed how to turn the spring tighter. Seems ok now.

3. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Repair no,but going to have to put a bearing in my compressor motor.

4. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

That is great you were able to get the spring tensioned right. I never did like messing with any type of recoil spring, they always seem to fly across the room on me LOL

5. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

How old is the compressor motor Maynard?

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Sorry for the delay George,The motor is about 35 years old.

7. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

LOL, it's alright Maynard. I think it has provide quite a few years of good service. I am sure you work the compressor pretty hard too.

8. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I started working on the transmission for the Massey MF12 on Sunday and worked on it some more today. I got it torn out of the tractor and drained the fluid on Sunday and then today I started on splitting the cases. Will try to get some more of it done tomorrow.

9. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Yes my compressor does get a workout.

10. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I keep forgetting to post updates on what I have been working on. I took the 3pt off of my Snapper 1655 and put it on the new Massey 1655 with the front end loader on Sunday. I am going to go out to the garage for a little tonight and work on putting the new hydro into the Snapper 1655. Once that is done and it is driving good I want to figure out the charging system issues so I can sell it to my coworker :D

11. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Sounds like a plan George.

12. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

As some know I have decided to sell the Snapper 1655 I have which was the first 1655 I acquired. The reason I want to sell it is because I don't really have the room for two large garden tractors of that size. Plus the newest one is a Massey with the Sundstrand hydro transmission. I took the 3 pt off of the Snapper and put on the Massey and it looks great with the front end loader.

Now that I have the Snapper 1655 sold I am taking the Onan Performer 20hp that was in it and putting that in the Massey 1655 and taking the Onan B48 16hp out of the Massey and putting in the Snapper. The Performer is in much better shape plus it has the extra horsepower. I managed to get both engines pulled last night and the B48 put into the Snapper. Got everything hooked up and tried starting it and it did fire right away off of the gas that was already in the carb. Then it wouldn't fire off but then the battery was dieing also. Something also smelled like burning metal so I need to double check my wiring.

I have a few more other items I need to strip off of it before it goes to it's new owner. I didn't sell it for quite as high as I was going to but that was because I knew I was going to be keeping some of the stuff off of it. :D

13. Nascar3244888

Nascar3244888 New Member

ah nice to see this site here too....got a few push mowers going today that I got from the auction last week. Got the Lawn Boy 8233 going, the 1968 sears mower, and the little garden power too, the yard machines unfortunnitly has a bent crank....it runs very well but it slaps the inside of the deck lol and makes one hell of a racket. here is a pic of them...

Attached Files:

14. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I would love to know what they hit to bend the crank. I know it isn't something that is hard to do, just curious to know what it would have been. I hit a public water pipe cap one time when I was around 10 years old push mowing my grandparents place. Made one hell of a racket and sparks flying. After I cleaned my shorts I kept on mowing.

15. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I got the new to me Bush Hog D4-10 running on Sunday. We had the PA Plow Day this past weekend too and it was nice to see all those garden tractors plowing.

I also took the front tires off the Bush Hog to the tire shop. Was going to see about getting a tube put in the one but the liner on the inside of the tire was pulled apart and they didn't want to put a tube in it due to the liner putting a hole in the tube in a short amount of time. So I am getting narrower rims and having tri-ribs put on the front. Going to try and get a pair of tru-power ags for the back as I would really like to take the Bush Hog to the plow day in Cochranton, PA.

16. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

If I didn't say it,congrats on the "new" Bush Hog D4-10,those are neat tractors.

17. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Thanks Maynard, I gotta admit the Bush Hog is growing on me pretty quickly.

18. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

It's a good looking machine.

19. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I had a Huskee mower from Tractor supply. It was a 20" 3.5 HP no frills mower. It ALWAYS started on the first or second pull...Then I hit one of the cast wheel centers off of my Case VAC that had grown into some tall grass. I bent the crank severely! It still ran! it wanted to take off like a helicopter when it ran though and it wouldn't cut grass anymore :(

20. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

Today I'm going to put my new coil in my 800 and hope it dosent blow up :D