What equipment did you repair today?

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by daytime dave, Feb 12, 2011.

1. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

Yesterday I had to put a new drive belt on the Simplicity 7-55 snowblower at my fiance's place. It broke a few days ago. I called a dealer that was not the closest, but also sold farm equipment. I was not disappointed. They made a new chain while I waited. It was an easy repair and now back in business.

I know this may not be the last post in this thread. :D

2. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Glad you got it fixed.

3. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Other then cleaning some parts from the Case 448 I had bought a month or two ago and selling them I have been working on the new to me 1968 Ingersoll air compressor. We did the pressure test on it this weekend and I also stripped all of the piping off of it and started painting the tank and the compressor pump.

4. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Dave, I made this thread a sticky to go with the what did you use today thread :D

5. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

That was kind of what I was intending, not that we don't have the best stuff, but sometimes it does need repair, or a smack with a California framer.

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Good show.

7. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I put the last coat of paint on the air compressor tank two nights ago. I am going to get the compressor pump mounted back on tonight and out some of thr air lines back on for the unloaders. Will try to remember to take pics.

8. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

You are coming right along.

9. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I will get some pictures of it today when I get the pump set back on the tank :D

10. caseguy

caseguy Member

I got to see the tank in the background of your post about Grands new ridemaster [​IMG]! It looks great so far!

11. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

We got the pump put back on the tank and also got the flywheel painted and mounted. I have the deflector for the air cooler coils primed now and will paint it tomorrow.

We worked on the Bolens Ride-O-Matic a little more today. We got the chain adjustment figured out and put it on the middle speed setting. We also had trouble getting it to work in reverse and then got that figured out. I did some more tuning on the carb and she putts along nicely at idle and runs great full speed. Puffs a little white smoke when revving it but for a 50+ year old motor I don't think that is too bad.

We gotta get a gasket kit for the carburetor. The fuel bowl gasket is leaking and the bolt for the bowl could use a new gasket also.

12. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

DITTO !

13. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

If I ever get off my lazy ass this morning and go out and finish painting the guard for the air line coils I will get some pics and get them posted. All in due time I guess LOL.

14. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Due time is how I will be waiting then.[​IMG]

15. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I got some work done tearing some more stuff apart on the Case 448 I decided to part out and also got 4 of the 6 items that already sold boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow. The money is going towards the new electric motor for the air compressor.

16. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

That 's great George.You'll have that compressor up abd running in no time.

17. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Will be using a hammer drill today to put the lag bolts in for the air compressor. Might try and get some of the air piping done today too.

18. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

Sounds like you are getting along pretty good on that project.

19. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I just wish it was easier to figure out exactly what all will be needed, like with plumbing the air line. I am sure I will have a lot of questions when it comes time to doing the wiring.

20. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

Today I replaced the brake pad on the Bolens 1050