What brand do you have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mower Forum' started by caseguy, Oct 8, 2010.

1. caseguy

caseguy Member

I recently bought my first 2 cycle Lawnboy. Most of the push mowing that I do is on hillsides so I used to buy the cheapest thing I could find and run it till it died! I finally found a 2 cycle that I could afford. I bought it from a friend who was moving for $75. I have 7 or 8 push mowers in various states of disrepair. A couple of Husky's, an older Sears with an aluminum deck, a Yard Machines, some others I can't remember, and a Bolens that I bought at Lowes for $25 because someone ran a forklift through the side of the box and smashed the side of the mower.

2. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I would really like to find a 2 cycle lawnboy. I think it would be a neat project to put a tuned pipe on it and tweak it some, mainly to make the neighbors look and wonder what the hell LOL

3. caseguy

caseguy Member

That could be fun! Unfortunately, the "pipe" isn't really a pipe. The exhaust discharges under the deck through a slot. It's weird, but it makes them very quiet.

4. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I guess it wouldn't be too much or too hard to reroute the exhaust.

5. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

What brand,well I have a JD self propelled which is used most when hand trimming.I also have an early 70's hand mower with a Tecumseh engine,this was sold by Canadian Tire back n the 70's but I am not sure who built them.And lastly I have a 1956 Lawn-Boy model 5000 with c-12 Iron-Horse engine.I guess I can't really count my old reel mower that was built in 1895 because it's not a "powered" machine,I don't know the brand but I do know it was built in Ontario,Canada.