What boats do you have?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Powersports Forum' started by NUTNDUN, Oct 8, 2010.

1. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

We have a canoe and we have a jon boat. We only have electric trolling motors for them. We use the canoe for when we do our bi yearly canoe trip down the Juniata. We haven't really had much of a chance to use the jon boat since we just got it last year and we just moved this year.

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

No boats here;)

3. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

None here either.

4. MH81

MH81 Member

:DNot much for water, I don't even eat much Fish...

5. caseguy

caseguy Member

That's just because you swim like an anchor!;)
    I don't own one either. My FIL had a pontoon boat and still has a bass boat. I'm not much of a fisherman so I'm not likely to get one either.

6. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I thought you guys were tipping a few back? LOL

7. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I'm not a "water guy" either,I'm actually scared of water.I can't swim and I was about 10 years old,my favorite Uncle whom I always used to go fishing with,drowned.I was supposed to be with him on that day but wasn't feel that good,so I didn't get in the boat.So my Uncle got another fellow to go out with him and they got about 40 or 50 feet away from our wharf and the boat motor stalled.My Uncle turned around and started pulling on the starter cord and had a heart attack and fell overboard flipping the boat as he went.He drowned and so did the other guy because he couldn't swim.Keep in mind that this was close to 40 years ago,and not everybody wore life jackets.Anyway,ever since then I have been scared of water.

8. jdslednut

jdslednut New Member

Don't have a boat myself but if you saw me at the helm of one it would be my Dad's 1958 Crestliner with a 1957 35 HP Evinrude powering it. Oldie but goodie. That old 2-stroke can idle down to where you can almost count the revs on the flywheel. It gets some looks while it's on the lake. It hasn't been out of the shed now for about 7-8 years so I'm sure she needs a good cleaning.

9. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Not many boats here,I guess we're mostly all landlubbers.:D:D

10. caseguy

caseguy Member

I can't say as I blame you there Maynard!

11. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I don't know whether I will ever get over that or not.

12. caseguy

caseguy Member

A lot of people think you need to "face your fears" and or "overcome them". I'd say that if a situation arose that REQUIRED you to get in a boat, say a life or death kind of thing, I think you've got enough Mojo and Character to do what needs doin'! Outside of that I don't see why you'd need to. Just MHO!

13. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I'll Amen that.