Ope and ppe, they belong together.

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by NUTNDUN, Dec 17, 2010.

1. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Outdoor power equipment and personal protective equipment go hand in hand. You really can’t have one without the other unless you don’t mind getting stuff in your eyes, loosing hearing or getting cut.

There are a lot of things that can happen in a fraction of a second. Doing weed trimming for example, you should be wearing hearing protection and a face shield. If you don’t have a face shield at least wear goggles or safety glasses. When using a chain saw, you should wear hearing protection, preferably a fallers helmet which is a hard hat/mesh face shield, gloves and chaps.

I know I have been guilty of not wearing protective gear when I should have been. You would think after 35+ years that I would have learned my lesson but there are still times when I find myself being in a hurry and not putting on safety glasses when doing something simple like using a grinder. There is no excuse not to put on the protective gear first.

Please be safe when using your power equipment.

2. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Remember, you wont get anything done from the emergency room! Take the extra 10 seconds and don the safety gear!

3. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Right on man.