Knockin' off the shine!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Powersports Forum' started by caseguy, Oct 8, 2010.

1. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I saw that there weren't any post here and thought I'd change that. I do not currently own any ATV's. (Gasp!) ...But I'd like to some day. (if I can ever stop spending all my discretionary income on GT's!) Does anyone have a preference for a particular brand? Eons ago I had a Honda street bike and loved it. A friend had a pair of older Yamaha dirt bikes that we tore up the Earth with...and I really liked them too.

2. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I think a lot of it depends on what looks you like. I can't believe how big some of them are now motor wise. I had a Suzuki LTZ 400 and I really liked it. I wanna say it was a 2007. I wish I had bought the racing version for the wider stance and better shocks. It wouldn't have mattered though because I got rid of the 4 wheelers a year later since we moved to a place I couldn't have them.

When I bought the LTX we got my wife a Honda 250EX and it had the clutchless shift on it. I loved that thing for wheelies, I could basically come to a dead stop in a wheelie and go at a snail pace.

3. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

My Sister had a Honda 250EX. I only rode it a couple of times, but I didn't care for the clutchless shift. My wife says it's because I'm a control freak, but I love a clutch. My Cavalier is the first vehicle in 12 years that wasn't a stick. That's probably why I prefer Wheel Horses. They have a separate clutch and brake pedal.

4. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I love a clutch too but that 250EX was a wheelie machine.

When I drove truck for a living I always wanted an automatic because till I got done off the road I was tired of shifting but then I finally bought an automatic dodge diesel and it was cool for a little while but within a couple months I missed the stick shift. I don't have it anymore since getting out of the trucking business. The 94 Ford F100 I have now is a 5 spd and so is my wife's Honda Accord.

5. MH81

MH81 Moderator

I bought a LT125 Suzuki in 1984. Rode that machine until I got married in 1996. This summer we dug it out, rebuilt the carb & got new tires. Now my Son's ridding it. Best new purchase I've ever made.

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I also do not own one.