It is too cold outside to play with the equipment.

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by NUTNDUN, Dec 15, 2010.

1. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

So much for global warming. It is way too cold out for me to want to go out and mess with any of the equipment. I have a lot of work I want to get done on some of the garden tractors and I still need to winterize the weed trimmers and get the chain saws ready for storage.

I am kind of holding off on the chain saws though because I still might be using them if we split some more wood this winter. I may end up putting the splitting off until early spring or at least once it starts warming up again at least in to the high 40's or low 50's. I know, I am a woos.

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

We have been in the low 10's- 20's Fahrenheit here the last few days.
    The 900 had a break down today (it has a non original Briggs engine)( the recoil spring broke) Had the pull it in the non heated garage and take the snow caster off the 1050 and put the plow on so I could finish the driveway. Going to the local lawn mower shop this weekend to get a replacement.
    It was not fun switching the attachments in the low 20's especially when you had to take your gloves off to put the pins in..

3. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

It's been in the single digits at night, mid teens during the day for the past couple of days. It got almost up to freezing today. I was tempted to go out into the yard and let off a few cans of old school hair spray to see if it would warm up a little!

4. MH81

MH81 Moderator

I drove my car around the block 2 extra times for the same reason, I also turned the furnace up to 80 & opened all the windows, If we all work together... LOL

5. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Our temps have not been too bad,hovering around or above the freezing point.

6. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

LMAO :D

7. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

We are definitely getting hit earlier in the season with the colder weather. Can't wait to see what mid February weather is going to be like.

8. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Wouldn't it be nice if the cold temps leave early too.

9. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Yes it would!

10. MH81

MH81 Moderator

:amen: