Found some buried "treasure" today

Discussion in 'Rototiller Forum' started by daytime dave, Apr 19, 2011.

1. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

I decided that I was going to expand my suburban back yard garden this year. Last year, I put in three raised beds and had great results. This year, I decided to till up more of the lawn that gets sun. I got my micro tiller out last week, and that was not up to the task. I borrowed dad's Bolens MTD tiller, as the handles folded and I could get in the SUV without incident. Dad told me to keep it here, because it is so violent when it hits a stone or such and it's too much for him.
    I took it out and found some buried "treasure". Roots. One was huge.

[​IMG]

The gang and hand tools that did the work.

[​IMG]

With the "treasure". Wow was the one huge. It creaked my new extended sleeve shovel pretty good.

[​IMG]

The finished result. It's now not bad to go through with the Bolens tiller.

Since it was pretty slow going on the forum lately, I figured I'd post some outdoor pictures. At least we didn't get the snow forecast last night. I might plant some lettuce and radishes later this week in another spot.

2. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Looks good Dave.

3. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

It's a shame the treasure wasn't layered in gold or an old civil war piece. :D

You did a good job on the garden Dave. They are calling for a chance of a wintery mix here tomorrow. This weather has been really messed up.

4. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

"Messed up" aren't the words I'd use.:D:D:D:D:D