Fordson snow machine

Discussion in 'Outdoor Powersports Forum' started by mjodrey, Oct 20, 2010.

1. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I know this has been posted to death on the forums,BUT I'll post it here anyway.:D

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Member

Never seen that video posted before.
    That was pretty interesting!

3. caseguy

caseguy Member

That was WAY COOL! Thanks Maynard! I've never seen that before either.

4. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I am very intrigued with that screw propulsion system.

5. caseguy

caseguy Member

I think that's how my boss gets around at work! LOL At least it feels that way to the rest of us!

6. MH81

MH81 Member

We had one come to our show years ago, what a impressive machine... that would NEVER get built today because of liability. There are about a hundred places to remove an appendage on that rig.:eek:

The biggest drawback with it that I see, is that it's mounted to a Fordson... Has anyone ever tried to start one below freezing? That unit was started inside and left running the whole time.

7. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

:D LOL !

8. caseguy

caseguy Member

Sorry Maynard. Sometimes my funny bone gets the best of me. I thought it was very ingenious and apparently it worked pretty well too! Of course the legal disclaimer was missing from the bottom of the screen "Professional driver, closed course. Do not attempt." That poor horse! I laughed when I saw that poor thing struggling. I couldn't help myself.
    Those Fordsons weigh about 3500 lbs. I was impressed that it had that much "buoyancy" in the deep snow. I know it's the displacement over a large surface area that allows it, but it was still impressive!

9. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Yes those Fordsons are very heavy,I had a 1926 Fordson F up until 2 years ago,then I sold it,you know how that goes.

10. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I love it, would want it just for the cool factor. If you get your limbs cut off then you didn't belong that close to my machine LOL.

11. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I think that would be really cool on a garden tractor size tractor.

12. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Alright so who is going to build one?

13. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

I really have thought hard about it,I just don't know where to begin.

14. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I would need more time and a little more of a budget but if both those moons align I would like to try and build one.

15. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

It could happen.:D