Cyclone rake lawn vacuum

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by mjodrey, Oct 7, 2010.

1. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Have you all seen this yet,I suspect you have.I think this is quite the piece of equipment.

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

Yes, I've seen these before
    Wish I had one LOL

3. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Yes so do I,with all the trees on my property,you can just imagine the amount of leaves I have.

4. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Wow, talk about a suction job LOL.

5. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

That thing is pretty cool and would be great to own but I bet it isn't cheap.

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

They have 3 or 4 different models with different engines to choose from,depending on the size of your property,amount of leaves,and the lawn tractor you have .

7. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I have seen that video. It inspired me to build one, but I haven't quite gotten there yet. I bought a smaller, older version of that cyclone rake called a "chew chew" from a friend for $20 and intend to mount it to a modified dump trailer. It has a 10" impeller and is powered by a 5 HP Tecumseh engine. I think it will work just fine...if I ever get it together.

8. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I would love to have something like that as now we have trees around the property and I don't even want to know how many leaves we are going to have to clean up.

9. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

That thing would've come in really handy today! I've gotta get started on that project! I think I have everything I need...except time!

10. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

Thankfully for us the wind has been pretty good to us and made a lot of the leaves magically disappear. :D

11. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

That's pretty much the same here.

12. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I think they all blew down here! I'm usually the recipient of the neighborhood leaves!

13. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Sorry about that.LOL