Anyone get any outdoor power equipment for christmas?

Discussion in 'General Outdoor Power Forum' started by NUTNDUN, Dec 27, 2010.

1. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I was just wondering if anyone got any outdoor power equipment for Christmas this year? Or maybe even did you get to work with any outdoor power equipment this Christmas?

2. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

Sadly No :(

3. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

You didn't even get to work on or play with any outdoor power equipment?

4. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

We got a lot done this weekend and even worked in the garage for a good bit of the day on Christmas day. I plan on having another good four days in the garage this coming weekend as well. I have off starting Thursday so thank god this is only going to be a three day week.

5. Bolens 1000

Bolens 1000 Moderator

I got to use the Bolens 900 and that was about it

6. daytime dave

daytime dave Member

I didn't get any power equipment, but I played with the walk behind snow blowers at Dad's on Christmas day after dinner. The 8hp is always a good starter and I had it going earlier this season. The 5 hp(the back up) hadn't been started in about three years. Sure enough, it was pretty well gummed up in the carb. I figure I'll take care of it in the spring.
    The snow blowers are just for cleaning out by the doorways and making paths to the barns when I come over.

A sidelight happened when I opened the door to go into the barn. I thought it was really cool. As I raised the garage door, I looked down to the left and a young possum walked right past me like he owned the place. He could of cared less that I was there so long as he could get in for shelter. He went right to the back of the area and under a chest of drawers. Another project for a future time. The barn is old and the front door isn't the only way in for critters I don't think.

7. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

No,none here.:(

Actually that's not quite true,I bought a generator,which I guess you could say was my Christmas gift to me,since I got it just a couple days before Christmas.

8. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

You know Dave, it doesn't matter how well you close anything up the critters will still find a way in one way or another. I can't believe some of the tiny places they can fit in. I would almost build a shelter away from the house for them if it would keep em out of the house LOL.