A couple from my collection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mower Forum' started by caseguy, Oct 14, 2010.

1. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

I just thought I'd post some pics of the older mowers in my collection.
    DSCN1767.JPG DSCN1777.JPG
    I kmow they're not really good pics, but I'll get some better one soon.

2. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Cool !!

3. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Does anyone know of a Tecumseh engine resource. I'm specifically looking for an explanation of the date code on the older engines. I went to the Tecumseh web site and they have a good breakdown for the newer engines, but whether or not it applies to the older engines is really unclear. My engines' date code does not jive with the breakdown that's on the website. They did have a nice parts breakdown that I downloaded, but the date code eludes me.

4. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

Does anyone know who made the "Deluxe" mower pictured at the top on the Left. Googling a deluxe mower is worthless LOL!

5. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

The following website is dedicated to Gilson snowblowers, however, there is an excellent section on the date code for Briggs and Tecumseh. As it turns out, the Tecumseh websites explanation was correct, It's the date codes that are deficient! The first digit of the Ser. or D.O.M. # is the last number in the year of manufacture! There is no digit to indicate what decade it was made in! But I can tell you from that code that it was made on Feb. 26th! I am assuming that it was either '73 or '83. 2/26/73 was a Monday. 2/26/83 was a Saturday I'd hate to make any further assumptions about it from there. Will post further if find out more.
    http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/snowfaq.html#built

6. mjodrey

mjodrey Moderator

Thanks,that's a handy site.

7. NUTNDUN

NUTNDUN Administrator

I wonder why they never put the decade into the serial number. Maybe this wasn't obvious to them back then?

8. caseguy

caseguy Moderator

That's a great question.